Pimples are the worst. When they're in the ear, they're even more terrible. Although they are quite normal, heavy use of ear-bud style headphones can increase their frequency. Here are eight home remedies to bring you salvation from this irritating, sometimes painful ailment.
1. Garlic. Sticking garlic in the ears may seem humorous, but it works! If you feel silly walking around with a clove of garlic in your ear, follow the advice of Style Craze and make an antibacterial home remedy by heating 2 gently pressed garlic cloves in 2 tablespoons mustard or sesame oil. When the cloves turn black, strain the oil and let cool until lukewarm. Apply the garlic-infused oil directly to the pimple and be relieved knowing healing is happening.
2. Apple cider vinegar. Everyone's favorite cabinet cure has yet another use. According to Style Craze, the astringent and antibacterial properties of apple cider vinegar treat the pimple-causing infection while also opening clogged pores. To use this home remedy, simply dab a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and then wipe it over the pimple. Let the apple cider vinegar soak in for 1 or 2 minutes before rinsing with water.
3. Onion. Onions may make you cry, but they also make microbes die. Style Craze recommends heating half an onion in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Wrap the warm half onion in a cheesecloth and hold it against the ear for 10 minutes or until the onion cools. This home remedy treats the infection and prevents new ones from developing.
4. Black tea. The tannins in black tea reduce inflammation, according to Style Craze. To treat a pimple in the ear, place a hot tea bag in warm water for 1 minute. Squeeze the water from the tea bag and place it over the pimple for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Aloe vera. No Skin Problems says this common folk remedy is effective for treating pimples in the ears. This is because aloe is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, and is therefore known to quickly heal skin ailments.
6. Lemon juice. A mixture made from 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil and 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice is an excellent treatment for an ear pimple, especially for people with sensitive skin. Wow Remedies recommends applying the home remedy to the pimple at night and using a damp cotton swab to clean the area the next day.
7. Tomato juice. It's not just for skunks. One teaspoon of the astringent red liquid mixed with just enough honey to make a paste is a wonderful treatment for acne. Wow Remedies suggests applying the home remedy using a cotton swab directly to the ear pimple and letting it sit for 5 minutes before rinsing with water.
8. Salt water. If nothing else is available, we guarantee you have these two ingredients handy. Dissolve 1 teaspoon salt in 1/2 cup hot water and dip a cotton ball in the home remedy. Gently press the treated cotton ball directly to the pimple and hold for a few minutes before rinsing. Optiderma recommends repeating this home remedy several times a day for best results.
Did these home remedies help you? Tell us your stories when you SHARE this article on social media!